Topic: Active Passive or Change the Voice:
1. Where have you kept my bag?
Select the correct answer of the changed Voice.
A. Where has my bag been kept by you?
B. Where had my bag been kept by you?
C. Where have you been kept by the bag?
D. Where has the bag being kept by you?
2. What the passive is of: I shall tell a story.
A. A story shall be told by me.
B. A story is going to be told by me.
C. A story will be told by me.
D. A story would be told by me.
3. Bats I did not like but I had to endure them.
Passive Voice of the above sentence is ________.
A. Bats I did not like but they had to endure me.
B. Bats I did not like but they were to be endured by me.
C. Bats I did not like but they had to be endured by me.
D. Bats I did not like but I had to be endured by them.
4. Find correct passive of: ‘Raju is writing a letter’.
A. A letter is wrote by Raju.
B. A letter is written by Raju.
C. A letter is being written by Raju.
D. A letter has been written by Raju.
5. My classmate gave this book to me.
A. This book was given my classmate by me.
B. This book was given to my classmate by me.
C. My classmate was given this book by me.
D. This book was given to me by my classmate.
6. Have you invited her? – Turn into passive voice.
A. Have you been invited by her?
B. Have she been invited by you?
C. Has she been invited by you?
D. Has she invited by you?
7. નીચે દર્શાવેલી Active Voice અને Passive Voice ની જોડીવાળા વાક્યોમાં કઈ જોડી ખોટી છે?
A They will do it. – It will be done by them.
B. They threw him out- He was thrown out by them.
C. She is writing an essay-An essay is written by her.
D. Please help me.- You are requested to help me.
8. Given below is the sentence in active voice. Choose the correct sentence given in passive voice among the alternatives.
‘Ought you not to reveal the truth now?’
A. Should the truth need not be revealed by you then?
B. Ought the truth not to be revealed by you now?
C. Ought the truth not to be revealed by you then?
D. Ought the truth need not be revealed by you now?
9. Which one is Passive Voice of ‘I have called her.’
A. She has been called by me.
B. She had been called by me.
C. She have been called by me.
D. She here been called by me.
10. What is the passive voice of ‘He is ringing the bell.’
A. The bell is being rung by him.
B. The bell is been rung by him.
C. The bell is rung by him.
D. The bell is being rang by him.
11. Directions: The following sentence has been given in Present Perfect Tense in Passive Voice. Transform the sentence in Present Indefinite Tense in Active Voice and mark your answer accordingly.
Crops have been destroyed by floods:
A. Crops are destroyed by floods.
B. Crops are being destroyed by floods.
C. Floods destroy crops.
D. Crops have been destroying by floods.
12. Change voice: By whom was that glass broken?
A. Who break that glass?
B. Who has broken that glass?
C. Who broke that glass?
D. Who had broken that glass?
13. Change the voice: ‘it is time to tell the truth.’
A. It is time for the truth to be told.
B. It is time to be told the truth.
C. It is time for the truth be told.
D. It is truth to be told.
14. “To whom are you sending these greeting cards?”
After changing the voice of the above sentence, it will be ________.
A. To whom these greeting cards are being sent?
B. Whom are these greeting cards being sent by you?
C. Who is sending these greeting cards?
D. Who is being sent these greeting cards by you?
15. Transform to Passive Voice: You can play with these toys quite safely.
A. These toys can play with quite safely.
B. These toys can play with you quite safely.
C. These toys can be played with you quite safely.
D. These toys can be played with quite safely.
16. Change the voice: She broke this cup.
A. This cup are broken by her.
B. This cup was broken by her.
C. This cup is broken by her.
D. This cup were broken by her.
17. Change the voice: “You see men at their best.”
A. Men have been seen at their best.
B. Men is seen at their best.
C. Men being seen at their best.
D. Men are seen at their best.
18. Change the Voice: Select the proper one.
I want to buy an aeroplane.
A. I want an aeroplane to be bought.
B. I wish an aeroplane to be bought.
C. I want an aeroplane be bought.
D. An aeroplane to be bought by me.
19. Do not laugh at a beggar.
A. Let a beggar not be laughed at.
B. You don’t have to laugh at a beggar.
C. A beggar is not at laughted.
D. A beggar was not laughed at
20. Who broke the glass of window? – Change Voice.
A. By whose the glass of window is broken?
B. By whom was the glass of window broken?
C. By whom the glass of window is broken?
D. By whom the glass of window was broken?
1. Ans: A
2. Ans: C
3. Ans: C
4. Ans: C
5. Ans: D
6. Ans: C
7. Ans: C
8. Ans: B
9. Ans: A
10. Ans: A
11. Ans: C
12. Ans: C
13. Ans: A
14. Ans: D
15. Ans: D
16. Ans: B
17. Ans: D
18. Ans: A
19. Ans: A
20. Ans: B